Seven top runners who will be competing in tomorrow’s USA Cross Country Championships addressed the media this morning. In attendance were Scott Bauhs, Abdi Abdirahman, Matt Tegenkamp, Lisa Koll, Shalane Flanagan, Aisling Cuffe, and Molly Huddle.
A few notes from the precedings:
- While Bauhs will not be running World Cross if he qualifies, Koll and Flanagan will both be going.
- Abdi suffered a stress reaction in his femur in 2010, forcing him to miss a fall marathon.
- Flanagan described the flat, grassy course at Mission Bay Park as a “glorified track.”
- Tegenkamp spent much of 2010 recovering from nagging injuries and reworking his running form.
- Huddle would like to run a fast 10k, likely at Stanford, but focus primarily on the 5k.
- Because of the bad weather on the East Coast, Cuffe says she hasn’t seen grass since she was last in San Diego for Foot Locker.
Find videos from the press conference here. Some pictures I shot can be found below.
Topics: Usa Xc